Vintage Mercedes service station, only? I wasn't quite sure what I was looking at.
I ended up walking to and from downtown Portland from the hostel I'm staying at, and was so glad I did - there were all kinds of cool windows to take pictures through along the way. I'm posting a few of the best. I got great advice about the city from one of Mike's co-workers who's a Portland native. Since I was leaving the island in the afternoon, I figured it made the most sense to spend the night in the city. It has worked out well and provided a different perspective - I usually pass through cities during the day. The hostel is ok, but I doubt I'll stay at any more of them during my trip - why pay to try and sleep in a room with 10 people, when I can sleep much better in the woods for free?? Anyway, I saw Powell's world of books, a new and used bookstore that takes up an entire city block. I spend awhile wandering around in there and of course found one to buy - how could you not?
Taking a break at the wall above the Burnside skatepark (Tony Hawk pro skater, anyone?)
Look at this one in full-size and read the signs. Makes my road trip look like a Sunday drive.
please tell me that oh-so grainy picture is displaying some amazing Shuttle facial hair?
ReplyDeleteYeah my moustache is really coming along nicely - haven't shaved in almost 2 months.
ReplyDelete