
So I'm getting the hang of using this blog and am 2 stops in to my trip. I left Friday 5/21 with 105449 mi. on Jessica's odometer. First stop was Dickinson college for the weekend to catch up with old friends, both fellow alumni and seniors about to graduate. It was a good way to get started - not at home anymore, but definitely not an unfamiliar place. I of course enjoyed the legendary Jive Turkeys hospitality, and since a bunch of my underclassmen friends will be in Carlisle this summer, who knows, maybe my last stop coming back will be there too. On a sadder note, the Arts Haus (the college house I lived in for 2 yrs.) has been disbanded by the college and is officially done... rest in peace. Who knows what the Dickinson administration's plans are for it now. On Sunday I watched the class of 2010 graduate - so proud of those kids! Dickinson graduation is a good bit more formal and full of traditions than Occidential's last weekend - I suppose part of it is the East coast - West coast mentalities. John Meacham, editor of Newsweek, gave a very brief Commencement address. I then made the drive out to Ann Arbor, MI to stay with my cousin Nancy and Chuck for a few days, which is where I am now writing this (also, as I write this, the Flyers have just made the STANLEY CUP!!! ...now how the heck am I going to watch those games when camping in Yellowstone????). During the drive up to interstate 80 on PA back roads, I was reminded just how beautiful central PA can be - the green mountains mixed with rolling farmland are a much more interesting backdrop than the largely flat scrubland of Ohio. I wanted to stop to take some pictures but I needed to make the long drive to Ann Arbor, so this is all I got for right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment